As you know by now, breathing is a very important part of mindfulness. Most of the strategies we have used this month used breathing in one way or another. This natural relaxation technique has helped get me through many difficult situations.
Today, we will use breathing as the focus to be in the moment and relax. It will also support your development of being in control of your thoughts.
– Sit or lay comfortably in a place you can be undisturbed for 5 minutes.
– Close your eyes and allow your shoulders to relax.
– Take 10 deep mindful breaths, focusing only on the breath.
– Allow your mind to wander to other thoughts for 2 seconds, then let them drift away as you refocus on your breathing.
– Take 10 more deep mindful breaths and then let your mind wander again.
– Repeat the process until you have taken a total of 100 breaths.
Make a mental note about this #mindfulmoment and congratulate yourself for being in the present.
Share your experiences here on the blog or on Twitter @Ed_Tmprince #MonthOfMindfulness .