Are you noticing and taking pleasure in the simple things in life? This month we have brought to attention the things we do on autopilot and focusing on those moments.
Today, we will be focusing on a very important life giving force, water. The medical profession says we should be drinking about 8 cups/2 litres of water a day. Drinking water hydrates our body and allows us to focus better on the work at hand.
I know that some of you do not like drinking water. But, today you need to drink plain water for this meditation. It can be from the tap or from a bottle. But, it does need to be unflavoured.
– Pour yourself a glass of plain water. (It can have ice.)
– Sit down with your water and allow yourself to be aware of drinking the water.
– Take a sip. Allow the sip to linger in the mouth. Notice the temperature of the liquid against your tongue, cheeks, gums and palate. What can you taste? Is there a sweetness, bitterness, acidic or even slightly salty taste?
– Notice the sensations of the water being swallowed and flowing down your throat and into your stomach.
– Continue to be mindful of each sip; allowing yourself to be in the very present moment of drinking your water.
Drink at least three glasses of water like this today.
Make a mental note about this #mindfulmoment and congratulate yourself for being in the present.
Share your experiences here on the blog or on Twitter @Ed_Tmprince #MonthOfMindfulness .