We have reached Day 23!
Over the last few weeks you have developed a variety of mindful skills to support your health and well-being. Our days are filled with sounds. There are actually far more sounds happening around us than we notice. We have become experts at tuning out the noises in our day. We just don’t pay attention to them.
Today, we will turn our attention back the sounds we have ignored.
Everyday Sounds Meditation
– Take three deep mindful breaths.
– Close your eyes and listen.
– Don’t try to explain the sounds you hear. Just recognise, accept and move on to the next noise.
– Have you noticed the noises your body makes? Your breathing, you swallowing, your hair as it brushes your shirt, etc?
– Remember, if other thoughts drift into your mind, acknowledge the thought and then let it drift away. Do not act on the thoughts.
Try to aim to do this 5 times today.
Make a mental note about this #mindfulmoment and congratulate yourself for being in the present.
Share your experiences here on the blog or on Twitter @Ed_Tmprince #MonthOfMindfulness .
* Note: I have severe Tinnitus. When I do this meditation, I make a mindful decision NOT to hear the ringing in my ears. That conscious decision allows me to get past that noise and hear the other sounds.