For some people, the act of being happy can be either unfamiliar or scary. When you begin to recognise you are happy, you start to wonder when will the shoe drop? When will this happiness end? What should you be worrying about? Are you worthy of the happiness?
Today’s mindful task is to bask in happiness, no matter how small that happiness may seem.
– When you notice a feeling of happiness, take some time to bask in the pleasure of that happiness without judgement.
– Accept the feeling of happiness. Pay attention to the feeling.
– Happiness will come and go throughout the day. Be mindful of those moments no matter how small. Stay in the movement without trying to sabotage it with the feelings of doubt or fear.
Do you have trouble noticing your happiness?
Examples of small happy moments:
- sleeping in late
- stretching your body and that lovely after stretch feel
- drinking your favourite coffee
- watching a bird in the garden
- appreciating a tiny flower
- reading a kind message
- having a moment to yourself for a meditation
- taking a walk
- a hug from a friend or family
- a smile from a stranger
Just accept your happiness and smile!
Make a mental note about this #mindfulmoment and congratulate yourself for being in the present.
Share your experiences here on the blog or on Twitter @Ed_Tmprince #MonthOfMindfulness .