It is not always easy for people to to identify what they are thankful for in their lives. The negativity over shadows all of the good things, blinding us from the the blessings in our life. However, if we can be mindful about showing gratitude, the positive feelings will beget more positive feelings and the balance of our lives will be happier and healthier.
A List Of Gratitude
Write down 5 things you are thankful for having in your life.
After you put a new “thankful” on your list, take a deep breath, smile and “wallow” in the pleasure of that gift. Take a moment to allow your mind to accept this bit of goodness.
Keep this list handy. Add to it over time. Refer to it when negativity starts to set in. Remind yourself that you are worthy.
Having a hard time identifying the positives? Maybe you can start with some of these:
– I am thankful that I am breathing.
– I am thankful that I am giving myself the chance to nurture positivity in my life.
– I am thankful that I can make positive choices.
– I am thankful for the sunshine (or rain).
– I am thankful for the beauty of (an object you enjoy looking at).
Make a mental note about this #mindfulmoment and congratulate yourself for being in the present.
Share your experiences here on the blog or on Twitter @Ed_Tmprince #MonthOfMindfulness .